Monday, July 5, 2010

A GIFT FROM ENGLAND

BIG BOX
PLASTIC MATCHBOXES FROM GERMANY
REDHEADS MATCH
BRYANT & MAY
WOODEN MATCHBOXES
 VARIOUS SIZE BOOK MATCHES
PUBS, HOTELS AND BUSINESS


AKHTAR, ENGLAND

Collection of matchboxes and matchbooks between the mid seventies and early eighties. From England, America, Sweden, France, Greece, Germany, Finland, Spain, Tunisia, Italy, Australia, Malta. Some are from businesses local to the Bristol area, many of which no longer exist or have changed names, as well as several supermarket boxes such as Gateway, Fine Fare and other brands no longer in circulation.  



Very special thanks to Akhtar bhai. My good friend and ex boss in London. Thank you for the awesome gift Akhtar bhai. Akhtar is a great person. He supports me lot. Not only in my collection, he had great contribution in my photography as well. I still remember those days Akhtar bhai when you and I used to go for long ride with my camera. Such a great time. I still miss the gorleston beach and pavilion theatre.
Hope to meet you soon again akhtar bhai. Thank you once again.

6 comments:

LOID said...

HELLO SHAKIL,
I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I REALLY ENJOYED LOOKING AT THESE MATCHBOXES FROM UR BOSS FROM ENGLAND. IT IS NOT ONLY ENTERTAINING BUT INFORMATIVE, TOO.

IF U TREASURE UR MATCHBOXES, I KNOW UR FRIENDS ARE ALSO UR TREASURE.
U ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE FRIENDS WHO R SUPPORTIVE OF U.

Manoj Sonalkar said...

Dear Shakil,
Such a wonderful addition to your collection...I know how much it means to you. Good going my friend...I wish your collection grows leaps and bounds.

SHAKIL HUQ said...

yes loida you are right...
of course my friends are my treasure!
without my friends i am nothing. i feel proud to say that.
and you are one of them.

SHAKIL HUQ said...

hi manoj..
yes you know exactly how much they mean to me. but you are also a big dilwala my friend.
i am very happy to be your friend too.

Abhishek said...

shakil da, england er sob pics gulo dekhlam... uff seriously khub khub bhalo laglo..tomar collection aro barte thakuk, ei prarthona kori... bangladesh e emon record jano keo break na korte pare!!!!

SHAKIL HUQ said...

WOW!! THX LETU...
KINTU TODER HELP CHARA TO ETA SHOMVOB NA. TOR KOTHAI JENO SHOTTI HOY AR TOR MUKHE FOOL CHONDON PORUK.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails